As insurance companies make it more difficult for patients to remain on brand-name medications that they have taken for decades, especially those on psychotropic medications, there is a work-around for some meds using the innovicares and viatrisoriginals cards. These make up most of the difference in cost between the brand-name and generic versions of the medications.
Your Calls and Comments:
- How drug company TV advertising impacts physicians when they say “Ask you doctor”
- Do generic versions of the anticoagulant drug Pradaxa and cyclosporin work just as well as the brand-name? Yes.
- The lack of evidence for laser therapy to treat knee pain.
- Pain after a rib injury. Why does it still hurt weeks later?
- Can you use Ozempic if you have a history of bowel obstruction?