Sunday House Call, #687, March 17, 2019: Despite protestations to the contrary, the evidence shows that mandatory vaccine laws work, are accepted by the majority, and have a dramatic positive effect increasing herd immunity thus preventing childhood infectious disease.
Topics today include:
The importance of vaccination and the repercussions certain governments have in place for families that don’t vaccinate. Education does not work when the Backfire Effect and Cognitive Dissonance rule the roost.
Your calls about:
- Can you vaccinate an immunocompromised person for shingles with Shingrix because you cannot with Zostavax?
- Bariatric surgery for a 20 year-old man
- Can you find out if you need the chicken pox vaccine?
- How gluten causes intestinal upset?
- Itchy skin but no rash localized to the inner aspects of the upper arm.