Topics today include:
The argument that Emergency Use Authorization means that the vaccines are experimental is patently false. The vaccines go through the same evaluation and approval process as any other. The difference is that the vaccine manufacture can create stockpile of the vaccine while the 3 phases of research occur in parallel. The same benchmarks are required for approval.
The emergency part of the authorization does not refer to the medication or vaccine but to the fact that the present situation we find ourselves in is urgent.
- A man with type 2 diabetes has been feeling constantly nauseated particularly after meals for more than a year.
- A 54-year-old man has an incidental finding of a prostate nodule on ultrasound. What are the next steps?
- Woman wants to know after having had both doses of Pfizer vaccine, when she can have her shingles vaccine.
- Woman reports swollen legs and ankle swelling for the past few months.
- Painful feet. A man has had gout in the past and wonders if this is the same thing.