Wednesday House Call, August 29, 2018: The perils of observational studies when the media gets their hands on them
Dr Barry Dworkin joins Brain Lilley to discuss the latest health stories of the week.
How observational studies are reported in the media: the track record is not good.
Your calls about:
- Vertebral compression fractures. Treatment for pain and also to minimize immobility.
- Loss of taste. What is the workup?
- A discussion about iron/ferritin levels and how to determine if they are normal
- Swollen legs in an older man who has a smoking history. What are the differential diagnoses and workup required?
- Follow-up on a swollen foot