Wednesday House Call, August 22, 2018
Dr Barry Dworkin joins Brian Lilley to discuss the latest health stories of the week.
- A caller wants to know whether a reaction that she had was due to Shingrix vaccine
- Treatment of spinal stenosis
- A full-thickness tear of the supraspinatus muscle. Is surgery warranted?
- The valsartan recall. Are other antihypertension medications of the same class being recalled as well? A caller wishes to know.
- Effectiveness of glucosamine
- Active surveillance for prostate cancer and what do the PSA values mean
- Low carbohydrate versus high fat diets
- Side effects of type II diabetes medications