Sunday House Call, #751, August 10, 2020: Vaccine research; more like Wile. E. Coyote than the Road Runner
Topics today include:
If we compare how vaccine research is sped up for a coronavirus vaccine compared to the usual approach, we do not have to look far afield. The latest positive results in the development process for a Lyme Disease vaccine shows how long it really will take if it makes it to the finish line.
Be advised that this came from a press release so caveat lector.
A new study looked at a biologic medication for the treatment of Relapsing Remitting Multiple Sclerosis that seems to be superior than the standard regimen.
Ref: Ofatumumab versus Teriflunomide in Multiple Sclerosis
Your calls about:
- Foot and leg cramps
- Can you become reinfected after contracting and recovering from Covid 19?
- The importance of doing ambulatory blood pressures to ascertain if someone truly has high blood pressure
- a swollen belly button area might be an umbilical hernia
- Can bacteria become tolerant to hand sanitizers?
- What do you do if you find a used facemask on the ground?