Sunday House Call, #708, September 8, 2019: If you ignore media reports about food and health outcome observational studies, you will not do so at your peril.
More hype about soft drinks killing you and vegetarian diets causing strokes and alternate day fasting being the latest way to lose weight. At least report these studies properly and in context that they are usually always observational in nature and cannot prove cause and effect.
Topics today include:
- The Fecal Immunochemical Test to screen for colon cancer
- A caller wants to ensure their body is donated to science upon their death
- Side effects of calcium channel blockers
- Treatment options for seborrheic keratoses
- Treatment of gout with allopurinol
- Confirmation of sciatica