Sunday House Call, #685, February 24, 2019: A few pages from “The Stupid Files”
Topics today include:
The Stupid Files
- How the Government of Canada Through its Global Affairs Canada department is spending 350,000 dollars to send homeopaths to Honduras to treat Chagas disease.
- A 5-year-old boy with measles reinfects a country
Your calls (and there were a lot of them):
- Treatment of AIDS and the difference between chronic and acute infections
- How to treat a broken toe.
- A blood test shows low white blood cell counts. What this is main?
- Blocked or stenotic coronary arteries. What is the management?
- Side effects of antibiotic treatment for diverticulitis
- A man with new onset difficulty breathing for whom a heart disease workup has proved negative. What other actions can he take?
- Diminished kidney function in a type II diabetic. Is there anything that can be done to improve kidney function?