Sunday House Call, #646, March 18, 2018: Choose Wisely: Avoid unnecessary tests and procedures and yes, even your annual physical exam. No evidence that it helps keep you healthy.
Topics today include: Using this website, Choosing Wisely Canada and Choosing Wisely (US) can help prevent turning you into a patient when you do not need to be. It explains why annual physical exams are not necessary but evidenced-based assessments are the way to go.
Your calls about:
- Cheeks get flushed after consuming sugar
- Care for casts and splints
- Can a car accident cause spinal stenosis?
- Bronchitis and pressure sensations in the head
- What tests are done as patients age?