Sunday House Call, #730, March 15, 2020: Dr. Vera Etches, Chief Medical Health Officer for Ottawa answers many questions about Coronavirus.
Topics today include:
We discuss the following questions and topics:
- How many people would you estimate presently have COVID-19 in Ottawa based on the reported cases? Do you use any modeling in order to make this determination?
- Presently, what is the doubling time for infections in Canada?
- Should people be going to the gym/dojo? If so, under what circumstances or what precaution should they take? How should equipment be wiped down and what areas need to be the main focus for hygiene practices? Should we be avoiding the dojo or what recommendations should be instituted specifically to ensure that the dojo remains as clean as possible. This would likely apply to any gym-like room.
- Are there any absolute activity limits or specific actions that should be completely avoided?
- Will the criteria for who should be tested change as it seems that the spread is now community-based in addition to travel history?
- Sick notes are now available from Ottawa Public Health to reduce the burden upon our health care providers.
Your calls about Coronavirus, pneumonia and social distancing.